Thursday, July 19, 2007

:: missing my pussy ::



i miss sumoki...it has been 2 years since i have left him back home in singapore.

no more having him lying on my right shoulder everytime i sleep, and him being near me when i am doing my work in the study or watching dvds.

despite my quarterly trip home, he has been keeping rather distant from me, especially when he knew that i am packing to leave him again. he would not even 'send me' away at the door like he always does. but i know that my mom takes better care of him, and i think he will deliberately show his affection towards her - in front of me. like my last trip, i sent him to the vet for his annual medical check-up, bath up, stock up his toilet and food supplies...but he didn't give me much in return, because he also knew that i will leave again.

sigh, i hate to thing the time when i have to make the decision to stay and live in the netherlands, or to return home. sumoki will definitely be a strong consideration to determine my decision...

there is a 'dutch-subsitute' for him, but he belongs to my neighbour. he would always appear from nowhere when i open the main door, and will hang around in my apartment, just to see if there are anything interesting - just to leave soon after. he is definitely more 'people-cat' than sumoki, but i know that he is just not sumoki, and he will never be.



i have been thinking about this after reading this article from oprah - about the death of her dear golden retriever, gracie. you may want to read it - so that you can really understand the relevance of this post.


x

No comments: