Sunday, August 29, 2004

::Goodbye Olympics 2004 -Thank You Athens!


I have a lot of respect for sports men and women, I really do.

That is the reason why I have been glued to the TV almost daily for the Olympic 2004 - all for the best of reasons. Well, you see, I am emotional when it comes to sports. There are too many triumphs and the agony of defeats throughout this Olympics and there are simply too many to write.

Among other will be the rise of Asian underdogs (think Japan and China in Athletics and Swimming, Thailand and Indonesia in Weight-lifting), the loss of favourites (4X100 metres women relay's loss of USA, Radcliffe's defeat in women's marathon and 10,000 metres, Maurice Greene's Greatest Of All Times (GOAT) tattoo which we all know is false), and those world-record breaking events (think women's pole vault, 100 metres freestyle (women and men) and so on.

So, as a chapter to close my attachment of the 'Olympic-addicts' for the couple of weeks or so (since I am not working anyway), here is an olympic joke to enjoy and cherish...

A man is out shopping and discovers a new brand of Olympic condoms. Clearly impressed, he buys a pack. Upon getting home he announces to his wife the purchase he just made.
"Olympic condoms?", she asks, "What makes them so special?"
"There are three colors", he replies, "Gold, Silver and Bronze."
"What color are you going to wear tonight?", she asks cheekily.
"Gold of course", says the man proudly.
The wife responds, "Really, why don't you wear Silver, it would be nice if you came second for a change!


So, here's a toast - to the spirits of sportmanship and ever lasting friendship in the world over!

And remember, in the next Olympics in Beijing, China, we will all be 4 years older!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about alarm car fake. I have a website about alarm car fake which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!