Sunday, July 11, 2004

:: the pianist ::




I spent my lazy Sunday watching "The Pianist" on DVD and had to break the movie into two parts. Because I feel asleep in the middle of it.

Blame it on the wet and rather cool Sunday weather, or to the fact that I had too much too eat during lunch - and subsequent deserts for tea.

But seriously, I think the subject of the story is aluminium-thin. The only fact about the pianist and how he survived the war because of this gifted talent was only explained in the last five minutes of the movie!

The rest of the movies were melodramatic and what else? human sufferings in war-time Poland - but hey, we have seen "Saving Private Ryan" and "Schindler's Lists" and other war movies which focussed on the same theme.

Did Adrien Brody deserved the Best Actor Award and the highly-published 'award-giving wet kiss' with Harry Belle during the Oscars? Well...let's just say he was the better ones among the other nominees in 2002.

My overall rating is 2 out of 5

No comments: